Being a landlord in Ames, Iowa, can be a highly rewarding experience. With a thriving community, a large college student population, and a growing demand for housing, investing in Ames could produce great rewards.
If you are looking for landlord resources in Ames, we have you covered. From local regulations to resources about the area, we have compiled the tools landlords in Ames need.
Ames Tenant / Landlord Rights & Regulations
- Rights and Responsibilities of Tenants and Landlords– City of Ames
- Landlord & Tenant Issues – Story County
- Fair Housing – City of Ames
- Rent Smart Ames – Created to Provide Landlords and Tenants with the Resources and expertise to make renting a smart choice.
- Conflict Resolution – When you can’t seem to find a resolution to a tenant/landlord conflict, the City of Ames has a resolution program to help.
- Register A Rental Property & Other City Resources – Check out these landlord focused resources and register your rental property with the city.
Ames Neighborhood Information
- Neighborhood Newsletters – Stay informed and learn more about local Ames neighborhoods.
Ames Landlord-Tenant Law Resource
- Uniform Residential Landlord and Tenant Act – Chapter 562A
- Landlord-Tenant Law – Legal Services Division
Iowa Fair Housing Resources
Other State Resources
- Landlord/Tenant – The Iowa State Bar Association
- Iowa Landlord and Tenant Duties
- You and the Law – Landlord Tenant Law YouTube- The Iowa State Bar Association
- Iowa Security Deposit Law – 562A.12
- Iowa Late Fee Law – §562A.
What Ames Is Known For
Ames Visitors Bureau – Check out this list of things to do in the local area.
Dining & Drinks – View the variety of places to eat and drink in Ames, including local breweries and wineries.
Iowa State University – A large part of the culture and population of Ames is attributed to this high-ranking university.