Local Resources For Dallas-Fort Worth Landlords
For landlords in Dallas / Fort Worth, we have compiled this list of helpful resources. From local regulations about landlord-tenant laws to information about the local area, these resources will help prepare you for operating a rental property in the DFW metro area.
Dallas & Fort Worth Landlord-Tenant Law Resource
- Landlord Tenant Law for the State of Texas – Texas State Law Library
- Landlord Tenant Laws for the City of Fort Worth – Tenant Rights
- Landlord Tenant Laws for the City of Dallas – Tenant Rights
- Landlord Tenant – Provisions Generally Applicable to Landlords and Tenants – Property Code Title 8 Chapter 91
- Landlord Tenant – Residential Tenancies – Property Code Title 8 Chapter 92
- Landlord Tenant – Commercial Tenancies – Property Code Title 8 Chapter 93
- Uniform Condominium Act – Property Code Title 7 Chapter 82
Texas Fair Housing Resources
- HUD in Texas
- Fair Housing Practices – Texas Fair Housing Act – Property Code Title 15 Chapter 301
- Fair Housing for Renters
Other State Resources
- Tenant Rights – Texas Attorney General – Ken Paxton
- Health and Human Services of Texas – Information for Renters
Dallas Specific Resources
- Know Your Rights as a Tenant – City of Dallas
- Fair Housing – City of Dallas
- Dallas Housing Authority
- City of Dallas Code
- Apartment Association of Greater Dallas
- MetroTex Association of REALTORS®
Fort Worth Specific Resources
- Rental Property – City of Fort Worth
- Renter’s Rights and Guidelines – City of Fort Worth
- Apartment Association of Tarrant County – Fort Worth
- Greater Fort Worth Association of REALTORS®
What DFW Is Known For
Visit Fort Worth– When big city meets cowboy town, you wind up with a city like Fort Worth. From award-winning art museums to the famous Stockyards, check out all this unique country city offers.
Visit Dallas – If you are looking for a world-class city with a Texas heart, Dallas will provide the cosmopolitan experience you seek. With a thriving arts district, renowned restaurants, and luxury shopping, Dallas is a diverse playground waiting for you.
Opt Outside in DFW – This local guide will help you find the best places for hikes in the Dallas/Fort Worth metro area.
DISCLAIMER: Turbo Tenant, LLC does not provide legal advice. This material has been prepared for informational purposes only. All users are advised to check all applicable local, state and federal laws and consult legal counsel should questions arise.